There are various kinds of cleaning problems that can happen to your rug at home but one thing that is considered as a dire situation by many is accidentally dripping candle wax all over the rug fibers. This is not a pleasant situation to be in since the candle wax droppings will cause your rug fibers to stick together thus ruining its appearance and texture.
You should do your best to try and get your rug back to normal but this is not something that all homeowners know how to do. This can be very tricky if you are inexperienced when it comes to rug cleaning but luckily I have already made this handy guide that you can refer to if you find yourself in this very situation.
1. Wait for a few minutes or until the candle wax droppings on your rug becomes completely dry. Never try to clean up the candle wax droppings while it is still wet or fresh since this is close to impossible to accomplish. Waiting for it to dry up will make things easier for you so that you can get rid of it without any hassles.
2. Get a clean paper bag, a steam iron, and some paper towels since you will be needing this in the process of removing the candle wax droppings on your rug. Once you have all of the materials ready, move on to the next step.
3. After the candle wax has become completely dry, put the paper bag over it and then run the steam iron over the paper bag a couple of times. This is going to melt the dried up candle wax and then it will in turn transfer onto the surface of the paper towel.
4. Repeat the previous step as often as needed until you are able to completely remove all of the candle wax droppings on your rug. This is a very simple yet effective way to get rid of the tough problem thus you may need to repeat it a couple of times to really get the best results.
5. After you are through, rinse the spot where the candle wax droppings used to be with a cup of water and then dry it with the paper towels to complete your task.
Removing the candle wax droppings on the rug is not easy but hopefully the guide above will make things a lot easier for you. Good luck!