While silk rugs can be an excellent addition to your indoor or outdoor spaces, they are not as durable and strong as other types of flooring material.As a result, gentle care is required during maintenance.
Silk, when stretched, has a high degree of resilience. It can even be stretched to more than twenty percent of its normal composition.
Furthermore, silk has a smooth and light texture which makes it great for home decoration. Most importantly, it can be combined with other materials. Amazing, isn’t it?
Start your cleaning routine today by following the helpful steps below. You should be called the “Cleaning Master” upon your successful cleaning routines. Let’s get started!
Tips for Cleaning Silk Rugs
- Remove debris and dust from the rugs. To accomplish this:
- Regularly vacuum the silk rugs. Vacuum the rugs with a brushless suction head. Roller brushes or beater may destroy the fibers, reduce the pile and damage the rug.
- Use a soft broom to sweep silk rug. You should gently sweep the rug to prevent any damage to the rug’s fibers.
- Give the rug a thorough shake. Shaking the rug off outside can help to remove debris or dust. Nevertheless, the rug will get proper airflow to remove odors.
- Get rid of the stains from the silk rug.To do this:
- As soon as the rug gets stained, clean the stains before the set in the silk fibers.
- Remove solidified spills. Use a spoon to gently scoop up the solid debris from the rug. Any other object or scraping motion may rip the silk fibers. \
- Get rid of liquid spills. Gently press the affected area with a clean white cloth to soak up as much of the liquid as you can.
- Remove the stain’s color by applying club soda. Do this by pouring the club soda onto a dirt-free cloth and blot the stain. DON’T RUB! Any excess club soda should be soaked up with a dry cloth. Let the area air dry. NEVER use heat to dry the area as heat may damage the rug.
- Combine a half-and-half solution of water and white vinegar. Pour the solution on a clean cloth and blot the stain. Absorb the excess solution with a dry cloth and allow the area to air-dry. Using heat is not recommended!
- Using commercial products is a “No, no.” These can cause your silk rugs to become discolored.
Silk is so soft and smooth and is even better as a flooring material. However, its entire composite makes it less durable and pliable. For this reason, much care should be observed when cleaning them. Follow the guide to get your cleaning routine started today!