How to Effectively Clean Up Caramel Syrup on the Rug
Caramel syrup can make any dessert even more enjoyable because it adds a very distinct taste and sweetness to it. There is no wonder why caramel syrup is a big favorite to add on ice cream sundaes, cakes, and other tasty treats because it only improves the overall taste and appeal of the food.
One thing you have too look out for though is accidentally spilling some of the caramel syrup on your rug at home. This is because doing so can be very problematic since it will cause a very ugly stain to develop on your rug.
Rug stains are a big no-no for any homeowner thus knowing what to do to get rid of this mess is essential. To help you out, here are a few very simple yet effective tips to guide you in cleaning up the caramel syrup stain on your rug.
- Get a piece of paper towel and then begin to blot the caramel syrup stain on your rug. Do this a couple of times until you are able to completely get rid the spilled syrup on your rug. This should be done very carefully to avoid spreading the stain further.
- Next up is to prepare a cleaning agent that will help in removing the ugly caramel syrup stain on the rug. You just need to combine one part of non-bleach laundry detergent with five parts of warm water. Place the resulting mixture in a container which you have just cleaned and then proceed to the next step in this guide.
- Take the cleaning solution that you have produced and then pour some of it on the affected area of your rug. You should then get a clean white cloth and begin to blot the affected area again and again until the entire stain is gone.
- You will not see immediate results but you will slowly notice that the stain is becoming lighter as you continue to blot it. Just keep on doing the previous step until the stain is eliminated.
- Now that the caramel syrup stain is gone, all you would need is to get a cup of clean water and pour it on the area you finished cleaning. This is to help eliminate any sort of residue that could stay behind on your rug fibers. Dry the entire area thoroughly using some clean rags and you should be good to go.