Cleaning Up Fresh Milk Spills on the Carpet
Fresh milk is always great for our body, that is why it is highly encouraged for everybody to drink at least two glasses of milk a day. Fresh milk is not only very helpful for our body but it tastes really good too which is always an added plus.
Milk can be used in many different ways, from drinking it straight out of the bottle to using it for our cereal. One thing that you should remember though is to avoid spilling the fresh milk on your carpet at home if you do not want to create a very big mess that will surely ruin the beauty of your carpet.
Fresh milk stains can be extremely frustrating to deal with but lucky for you that I have just what you need. Below is a really simple and efficient guide that will show you how to clean up the fresh milk spills on your carpet at home.
- Quickly get a clean white cloth or a sponge and then try to absorb as much of the fresh milk that you have spilled on your carpet. You must do this as quickly as possible to prevent the milk from seeping into the carpet fibers which will only make things more difficult to clean.
- After you have extracted the fresh milk spill out of the carpet, the next thing you have to do is to dilute the stained area that it has left behind with some clean water. After adding the water, get a clean paper towel and blot the area a few times before moving on.
- Use a combination of one part non-bleach laundry detergent and four parts warm water to make a very handy cleaning solution that will help purge the fresh milk stain out of the carpet fibers. As soon as you are done making the cleaning solution proceed to the next step.
- Pour some of the detergent-based cleaning solution on the stained area of the carpet and leave it there for five minutes. Afterwards, use a clean paper towel to blot the fresh milk stain until it is completely gone.
- The final step in this guide is to get rid of unwanted residue by using some clean water to rinse the area you just cleaned. Once you are done, get some clean towels and dry the area to finish things off.
Fresh milk spills may sound like a tough cleaning task but all you have to do is follow the guide above and you’ll be able to do it with ease.